The new hire would be expected to immediately form part of the core development team and be a peer to the current Applications Engineers. He or she will play a key role in the development & testing of new electrolytes and coatings to support Keronite’s continued growth in new markets and applications.
About the role
- Utilise their own knowledge, third party literature, and existing Keronite know-how to propose approaches to developing next generation Keronite coatings.
- Propose and implement test programs to produce and fully characterise the properties of new coatings.
- Provide intellectual input regarding development options in customer projects.
- Bring their experience of chemistry to bear on key technology challenges.
- Support strategic technology developments under the guidance of CTO.
- Proactively make suggestions regarding other directions and technology options for the company.
- Guide members of the production team or other members of staff as required.
- Support the CTO with respect to codification of IP, grant applications, etc.
- Support production jobs to limited extent during critical periods.
- Higher degree in chemistry, materials science or a related subject (ideally Ph.D.) from respected university/research institution.
- Significant experience in the development and characterisation of new materials.
- Experience in the production and characterisation of coatings an advantage. Experience in PEO or other electrochemical coating techniques a particular advantage.
- Some experience working in an engineering/manufacturing environment preferred but not essential.
- Logical and analytical.
- Systematic and methodical.
- Dedicated and committed.
- Good presentational and communication skills.